Sunday, October 21, 2012

Major Crimes

The Closer was one of my favorite shows in all of TV world. The best part about it was Deputy Chief Brenda Lee Johnson. Even though I know they over exaggerated her accent to sound southern that show was the best. It had the best plots twists and turn and every season finale made you pee in your pants more and more each year. The Closer was Brenda played by Kyra Sedwrick. It would utter stupidity to proceed with a show without it's leading role. So when I saw Major Crimes sitting alone in my ONDemand underneath The Closer I scoffed at it. I said that there is no way on earth that Major Crimes could be any good. I said that until I watched the first episode. It led your attention slowly and slowly away from that fact that Brenda was no longer there. It gave you what happens in real life. People move on, they get promoted, they get older, they change paces. With that emotion, it kept me watching and pondering. I pondered "How is the team going to handle it all?" "Were they really as loyal?" "Is she really the replacement?"

        From time to time, I can admit, I did look around and say if Brenda were here or Brenda sure is going to come around the corner and have a chat with Fritz. But she never did. The closer came to a close and Major Crimes came to the forefront. We see different angles of certain characters we had never seen before. The drama of The Closer is still present only with a change in background music.

No comments:

Post a Comment